Thursday 14 August 2014

University Imperfect

 Received a phone call today from Salford University about a hopeful degree course I want to take there in English & Creative Writing. In a couple of years time, the person reading this (future me), will know if I got on the course, that is, will know whether I was able to get a grant for living costs while I'm on the course. Fingers crossed.
Well, I was walking down the bypass with Imogen, going to Asda, and the phone rang. My phone hasn't rang for months. She asked if we could speak and I said I was a little bit busy with my daughter. I asked if I could phone her back. She said I could.
I arrived back at the house, put the baby to bed, had something to eat and finally phoned her up. I got through to the switchboard, or something... some young lad. He contacted her, she came to the phone, the phone went dead. A few minutes later, the phone rang, it was her. She asked me if I'd sent writing extracts to Lucia Nigri. I said I had. That was it. Ten seconds. It made me laugh. Why hadn't she just said it was a quick question?
Well, even university employees are imperfect.

That was a quick blog. No jokes. Not a funny thing anywhere. Not sure what to say. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment