Friday 11 December 2015

Friday 11th

Not turning up for the first rehearsal and not telling the director, but waiting for the director to message you when he is the only person who HAS turned up. Is that professional?
Not responding to messages over the weekends. Professional?
Not learning any lines less than two weeks before the performance when the director spent a couple of hours scanning, cutting and printing the script off. Professional?
Not reading the source text from beginning to end. Professional?
Telling someone who is obviously suffering from stress that you’re not having a go at them, but finishing your message with how he has let you down. Empathy?
Not asking someone who is obviously suffering from stress if he is okay. Empathy?

Telling your actors that you can’t make certain days because you have to look after your daughter, but telling them you are available every evening and every weekend for rehearsals. Is that above and beyond? Is that ever addressed when the same director leaves 45 minutes early due to overwhelming issues regarding being undermined and negated? Is that fair?
Being there to answer all your questions when you ask them? Professional?
Always being early and always being there for rehearsals? Professional?

Did you ever consider that feeling so incredibly stressed might actually be counter-productive when trying to be creative and supportive? Was leaving not the better option? Did you stop to think how badly things might’ve gone for me if I did erupt on Naqqash?
I left 45 minutes early once! Due to incredible stress. Did anyone ask if I was okay? I always show concern for you. I always ask if you’re okay or show compassion towards you. What happens when I need that? I get a full day of messages on facebook telling me I’m unprofessional or have let you down. This is not good.

No comments:

Post a Comment