Sunday 8 August 2010

Too many hours in the day - and - whatever.

My journey has slowed to a crawl.
I sit on the verge and watch the traffic fly by.

The engine has long since died:
The seals have perished;
The pistons blown;
The headlights dim.

The oil on the road i left behind,
My breakdown laid bare for all to see.
I feel their glare as they judge me.
I should care, but i don't anymore.


I look up to the sky for inspiration.
I look around for a friend.
Just for a while is okay.
You can pretend, i don't mind.

"Help me someone.
Just a few miles.
I'm alone. i need help.
I'll be no trouble, i swear!"

"And if our destinations are far apart
If you will leave these shores to find your home
If you're just a visitor and you have far to go
Take care and be safe."

"But if you don't mind
And if you'll allow,
I'll pay you a visit.
I'm good at languages you see."

I may go astray on the way,
I may take a wrong turn from time to time,
But while i sit here alone i'm lost,
On my travels i'm found i recall.

My mind is captive in my land.
My heart was destroyed long ago.
So please, tether my soul to your fastest ship,
Hoist the mainsail, raise the anchor and help me live again.

No comments:

Post a Comment