Tuesday 10 August 2010

It's catharsis Jim, but not as we know it

i wish i could cry
i have this pain in my head
there's a death inside me

i grieve every day
i spoke to someone two days ago
it was over a week before that
a woman apologised to me in a shop
i gave her a look and let her be
i have no time for triviality in public
"i'm coming to visit you next month."
a friend is coming to visit
ten days since since she replied
i asked a friend to the cinema
she told me about her life
but didn't answer my question
who shall i be rejected by next?
so many decisions to make
i'm the youngest of six
and i'm a ****** ****** of *****
i've lost everyone i ever loved
and i can't deal with the pain
i crave distractions

i am need- despair- loss---
tell me something more unattractive than these
don't give me compliments about things i am not
don't give me pity- it's like a kick in the teeth
don't tell me i'm a contradiction
and don't tell me i've got things wrong
i look for a girlfriend- i'm told not to look
i don't look for a girlfriend- i'm told to get out there and look
i'm told i'm lucky- i have my health
i don't speak of malaise
i'm told others have it worse than me
i'm not in competition with them
i'm told to forget about the past
but i'm not asking for advice
you ask me a question, i'll answer with honesty
you can ask the wrong question, but, respectfully, just once

if the question is painful it'll hurt me, so let's forget and carry on
i'm not going into the details of the agony i feel
trust me, it doesn't help
it's a scab on a wound
if it's knocked it's painful
if it's opened it will take longer to heal
the scar will always be there
i feel like i'm weeping all the time
but the tears have dried up
it's a feeling inside my head and my heart

No comments:

Post a Comment