Thursday 26 November 2015

A Poem - Started 26th November 2015

I'm gonna write a poem. I haven't written a poem for about a year. Maybe less. But I want to write a poem on here. I think I'll write the first draft, then when I change something I'll write it above the first draft so I can see how it evolves. It may not be an interesting process, but it'll be a process. Nowt wrong with that. [Smiley face]

FIRST DRAFT

What do I feel strongly about right now?
I just don't know what to write.
The empty lives of neighbours and passers-by
Outweigh the bulging lives of cattle

There is little drive to drive the wheels,
But the wheels turning still
On the track with the lines the only guide
And the glasses must come off soon.

I fix the loan of tankered mists
And help myself to a ginger biscuit
With an army for a nose in the impenetrable
Foe of the newly minted shores of forgiveness.

A haystack falls in silence and no one can hear the
Pin that has fallen through the cracks
It pierces the night with a sharpness only few have witnessed
But now it is stuck. It is buried in soil that was never meant for a pin.

It slows now.
Like a snail at snails pace
The trail of the snail writing its history on the slab
The slab the only future for the rest of us.

[Okay, so that's the first draft. I struggled for something to write, then I moved into stream of consciousness mode and wrote only bilge-water. Sue me. (Please don't sue me). I'll write the next draft above this one when I feel the need]

No comments:

Post a Comment