Saturday 18 October 2014

Ode to a Brain Inside My Head

Gigantic meaty walnut twin.
Spongy; transparent membrane skin.
Colossal, hefty hemispheres,
Live somewhere between my ears,
The intracranial heart of me;
Heirloom of my family tree.

I worship your banal inventions;
Oh, know-er of taboo intentions;
There, where dreams forgot, expire;
Where Machiavellian schemes transpire.
Powerful, pulsing, pink gray-matter.
Round't back- Medulla Oblongata.

With lightning fast efficiency,
Two eyes to serve it visually;
Memories for regurgitation;
Whacked and warped imagination;
Stores language for communication;
And images, but not for masturbation. I don't know what you mean...

But why, brain? Why this duality?
Why... insecure me?
Perceptions cascade violently
Like cliffs fall into fractured sea.
Ground crashing down away from me.
My descent a spectacle - a sight - a 'thing' for all to see.

Poor bedraggled frazzled brain,
Part Crimea: a little less Ukraine.
Feeling never ending strain.
Pushing back-against in vain
With arty, anal alliteration,
Rude relentless rumination;
Continuous cock-eyed cogitation;
Perpetual prattling preoccupation;
Persistent peristaltic postulation.

Tithe with herbal medication,
Washed down with sharp intoxication.
Blurred by senses enemy,
Eradicates all memory
Away! Away with intellectual floggin'...
And rest thee... my most precious noggin.

No comments:

Post a Comment