Friday 5 December 2014

Cassandra

Cassandra, in Greek mythology, had the gift of prognostication. Foresight. Unfortunately, she had the curse of never being believed when pronouncing these prognostications.

A few weeks ago, a week after becoming re-acquainted with a woman with whom I had once been going out, engaged to be married, and with whom I was madly in love, I witnessed a thread on her Facebook page that made me feel uneasy. She was flirting with someone.

Well, we had already made arrangements to meet and I had hoped from this meeting a new relationship would emerge. It turns out I waited too long to meet her.

Two days before we were to meet, I texted her and it was playful... until she mentioned she had started seeing someone a week or so earlier... it was the man I had witnessed her flirting with.

I... I was heartbroken. And from this moment, 2:07pm on Tuesday 2nd December 2014, I then proceeded to have one of the worst days I could have in the circumstances. I'm not going to go into why, sufficing to say it involved intense cold, a bus that took ages, then kicked us off because he was already 40 minutes late and wanted to go home. It took three hours to get home.

So... Cassandra. Why have I mentioned Cassandra?

I knew she was going to meet someone, but my friends told me I was being silly. I waited eight years to meet her again, and a couple of weeks before we are to meet again, she starts with another guy.

My gift and my curse. I feel so sad and lonely right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment